Yale School of Management and Seminarium Internacional have the pleasure of presenting the fourteenth version of the Management Program for Lawyers (MPL), exclusively designed for Latin American lawyers.
MPL is structured to complement, strengthen and refresh the professional experience gained throughout years of practice. The classes will take place in the historic Yale Law School and Yale’s outstanding faculty will provide you with the skills necessary to lead the strategic decision making process and strengthen your organization.
The primary objective of the Management Program for Lawyers is to improve leadership abilities and strategic thinking, giving participants the tools that they need to be able to:
• Understand the integral leadership role of a lawyer in the organization.
• Analyze different leadership styles and how to be an effective leader.
• Learn the importance of strategic thinking to influence outcomes and the relationship between the law and organizational competitiveness.
• Use and improve negotiation and strategic decision making skills.
Who Should Attend:
Latin American and Spanish lawyers with a minimum of 10 years of professional experience may apply:
• Partners or associates of private practice law firms
• District attorneys
• Corporate attorneys
• Legal advisors
• Managers of legal affaires
Yale School of Management
Founded in 1701, making it the third oldest higher education institution in the United States, Yale is a university with honored traditions. It is ranked among the top universities in the world. In the diversity of its students, its global outlook, and its outstanding research, it is also a university of compelling change. Led by a distinguished faculty, it carries on its education and research on to the graduate level in its graduate and professional schools.
Like all great research universities, Yale has a tripartite mission: to create, preserve, and disseminate knowledge. Yale aims to carry out each part of its mission at the highest level of excellence, on par with the best institutions in the world. Yale seeks to attract a diverse group of exceptionally talented men and women from across the nation and around the world and to educate them for leadership in scholarship, the professions, and society.
USD 8,950. This includes academic material, lodging, breakfasts, lunches, the welcome reception and the closing ceremony. Airfare and transfers are not included in the cost of the program.
Application and Enrollment Proces
1.Send the following information to the Seminarium office or sales representative in your country:
- Full Application Form in Microsoft Word format or online
- Your Resume (maximum two pages)
2. Candidates whose applications are accepted will receive an acceptance letter via email.
3. The tuition of the program is USD 8,950. It is the responsibility of the registrant that the program tuition is paid in full. Due to limited capacity and high demand, accepted candidates must formalize their attendance through payment of the total program fee at the time of receiving the acceptance email.
June 19–23, 2017
Maximum number of Participants
Cancellations, Roll-over and Replacements
Because attendance at an international program of Seminarium Internacional requires significant advance preparation and demand often exceeds capacity, it is important to contact us in a timely manner if you must cancel or defer attendance.
Due to the costs incurred for program preparation and administration, any cancellation or requests for Roll-overs received 45 days or less from the program start are subject to penalty fees as described below. A Roll-over is defined as one transfer of the registration to the next version of the same program.
– More than 45 days’ notice: there is a USD 200 processing fee charged for cancellations * ;Roll-overs charged a USD200 processing fee plus any increase in the price for the next version of the same program
– 21 – 45 days’ notice: 50% cancellation fee incurred; Roll-overs charged a USD 200 processing fee plus any increase in the price for the next version of the same program
– 6 – 20 days’ notice: 100% cancellation fee incurred; Roll-overs charged a 20% fee plus any increase in the price for the next version of the same program
– 5 days or less: 100% cancellation fee incurred; Roll-overs not accepted
If you are unable to attend the program, we will accept an appropriate, qualifying substitute participant up to 6 days before the start of the program. Any roll-over requests received less than 6 days before the start of the program will be considered a no-show and cancellation fees will apply.
Notification of all cancellations, transfers, or substitutions must be made in writing.
|More than 45 days’ notice||21 – 45 days’ notice||6 – 20 days’ notice||5 days or less|
|Cancellation||Permitted, USD200 fee *||Permitted, 50% fee||Permitted, 100% fee||Permitted, 100% fee|
|Roll-over||Permitted, USD200 fee plus price increase for next version||Permitted, USD200 fee plus price increase for next version||Permitted, 20% fee plus price increase for next version||Not permitted|